National jury members for the European Union Prize for Literature were announced.
The jury members for the Czech Republic are:
- Pavel Mandys, writer, journalist, book critic, organizer of the Magnesia Litera book award – President of the jury
- Ivana Myšková, writer, culture journalist
- Petr A. Bílek, professor of modern Czech literature and literary theory
- Vladimír Opatrný,bookseller
- Eva Klíčová, literary critic, journalist, editor
The award is funded and founded by the Culture Programme of the European Union and for over a decade organized by the three Consortium members: the European and International Booksellers Federation (EIBF), the European Writers‘ Council (EWC) and the Federation of European Publishers (FEP).
Each year, national juries consisting of experts in fields of literature, publishing and bookselling are set up in a rotating third of the participating countries. After deciding on a shortlist of 2 to 5 books from their country’s promising writers, each jury selects its national winner. All laureates of the year are then collectively announced by the European Commission, and later celebrated at the occasion of an EUPL award ceremony.