The Studio in Residence “Year of Climate Care ” is a collaborative call for artists from NASUTI festival Slovakia and the Impact Academy (Academy of Fine Arts Vienna) in Austria.
We are looking for one emerging international Artist or Artistic Researcher who targets in their work or research the climate care objectives and who also reflects this year’s festival theme of WILDERNESS.
About the Year of Climate Care
Year of Climate Care is a project and initiative inspired by global environmental movements and the debate on climate change and its impact on communities. The conceptual background is provided by the themes of the New European Bauhaus initiative. The intention is to support and develop the activities of the creative and educational sector to prevent the negative impacts of climate change in social, cultural and everyday life and to support the transition of society to a carbon-free future, educating about climate change and how to cope with it. The expected long-term outcome is that the project organizers and partners will create a distributed interdisciplinary platform for knowledge exchange and collaboration between the creative, educational and other sectors.
More about the project: https://yearofclimate.care/en
Studio in Residence at the Impact Academy & NASUTI Festival
The Studio in Residence “Year of Climate Care ” is a collaborative call for artists from NASUTI festival Slovakia and the Impact Academy (Academy of Fine Arts Vienna) in Austria. We are looking for one emerging international Artist or Artistic Researcher who targets in his work or research the climate care objectives and who also reflects this year’s festival theme of WILDERNESS. In the framework of the festival, we want to put the topic into various perspectives. Examine its boundaries not only as natural, but also social and cultural phenomenon.
The selected resident will be invited to work for 4 weeks in Vienna, Bratislava and Banska Stiavnica. The resident will benefit from the interaction with other researchers and artists on-site, active involvement in the local cultural network as well as the organizational and professional support of the organizations. The output of the residency will be featured at the NASUTI festival taking place on 18. and 19. November 2022 in Banska Stiavnica.
About the Organizations
The Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
is part of the cooperation and hosts several events during the Year of Climate Care 2022. The Impact Academy is a historic Building also known as Villa Schapira in the suburbs of Vienna. The building is used as a temporary space for workshops, lectures, exhibitions and residencies.
was established in 2018 as the first festival of contemporary art with an environmental focus in Slovakia. It combines creativity, art, design, innovation and ecological thinking. The festival program consists of exhibitions, lectures, discussions, workshops and other creative production in the form of presentations, performances and film screenings. The fifth year of the NASUTI festival will take place in Banská Štiavnica (18. – 19.11.2022) as a series of events with a wide cultural and social impact aimed at the general cultural public, local residents and visitors, as well as children. The aim of the festival is to raise awareness of current environmental problems and solutions, sustainable lifestyles and environmental activism.
The Studio in Residence programme has the following objectives:
- Empower young emerging artists or artistic researchers from Europe
- Support artistic and/or artistic research in the field of climate care
- Foster knowledge transfer and exchange in the Vienna-Bratislava region
- Present the outcomes of the Residency at the Year of Climate Care Programme (in Vienna in Bratislava and Banská Štiavnica )
Facts of the Call
- Deadline for the Call: Sun, 12 June 2022
- Period: 1st September – 30th September 2022
The Residency provides
- Travel Costs EU to/from Vienna to EU
- Covering Accommodation for one Month in Vienna
- Monthly scholarship in the amount of 1000€
- Studio for the duration of the residence
- Support and advice for networking with initiatives and multipliers
- General public relations work for public and semi-public
- moments of residence.
- Send your submission in English language to
- Personal Statement and motivation letter concerning climate care (1 DIN-A4-Page)
- Project description and action plan for the residency (2 DIN-A4-Pages)
- Goals and forecast of outcomes of the residency (max. 1 DIN-A4-Page)
- CV in written Form
- Short Mobile Video (max 2 min)
Zuzana Duchova NASUTI festival
Diana Klepoch Majdakova, NASUTI festival
Georg Russegger, Impact Academy, Academy of Fine Arts Vienna
More information here.